Friday, February 1, 2013

Great Success!

Ever since I started this thing they call living healthy, I have tried to see what I myself can create as a healthy snack. Seeing as how the Superbowl and the Puppy Bowl are both this weekend I thought I would share my FAVORITE SNACK with you all on the internetl.

Salsa is my self proclaimed weakness...  "Hello. My name is Meg and I am addicted to salsa"


But really it is tasty and completely fresh. You will need a food processor or a blender.



Here is the recipe:

1 cup of carrots, washed and roughly chopped but small enough
5 individual stalks of celery, washed, peeled, roughly chopped
2 ears of corn, Cooked and cut off the cob (you can use the frozen, microwavable bags too, no butter)
1/2 large Green Pepper, roughly chopped
4 large Tomatoes, roughly chopped  (you could use canned if you are in a time crunch)
1/2 cup of an onion, finely diced
2 large Jalapenos, chopped, seeds and all! (WARNING: wear gloves for this. Less pain? -1 jalapeno)


Add or subtract whatever you may like. I personally made this up one evening with what was left in the house and continue to tweak it each time, I never stick to the same exact measurements.

mmm mmm mmm!


On a side note. I also made my own version of pollo a las rajas Wednesday night...SO good!
It wasn't as good as San Angel Inn's creation in Mexico, EPCOT but I will say I am proud of my product.!

Enjoy your weekend! Go Puppy Bowl!




No comments:

Post a Comment