Thursday, July 25, 2013

"I am today"

Okay...so I am writing this as my last pity-party post....Got some of the test results back from the Dr. on Tuesday....I have been very all over the place this week since hearing from them. I'm not actually dying which is great, but to me....at this point I wouldn't even consider myself to be Kelly Blue Book Value FAIR...I'm obviously being somewhat dramatic...in the grand scheme of things many, many more people have it worse off than I do. I get that and I am grateful for the life I have....I really just can't handle these kinds of changes right now. It took so much for me to become a runner...now that this is affecting it I am very frustrated. 

I'm frustrated that there isn't much I can do right now... to help myself. Plus the doctor put me on a lactose free diet....(I had a calzone today, best or worse choice ever?? Not sure.) I am pretty much a mouse when it comes to cheese...I could live off it. I also love milkshakes with fries and whipped cream on ice cream and I like a good old fashioned bagel with butter every-so-often. EVERY THING I EAT INCORPORATES DAIRY...which is why I'd like to think I have yet to break a bone...they must be as hard as those 300 guys abs. :)



Thinking about my health and where I want to go in life, ya know, with my birthday coming up in 9 days....26 years old....past my quarter-life phase... I started thinking about where I thought I would be 10 years ago.... first I wanted to be a vet, then a business woman, a cupcake baker, a bar owner, a cop, a marshal, a district manager, a housewife, a rescuer, a head guard (at a Disney pool), a Disney employee, a wedding planner, an event planner, a professional blogger (I know, right), a designer and many more. Most of which I have half-acted on....but as I approach 26 I wonder where I will be in the next 10 years...

I probably shouldn't have watched the show The Pretender when I was a child...I think that is where I can't really make up my mind....The main character could be anything. I remember one of the episodes he was in a hospital and someone said "Are you a doctor?" and he replied "I am today". I'm going to try and make that my new motto.


QOTD: When did you know what you wanted to do for the rest of your life...did you get there? How long did it take?

10 comments:

  1. Meg, I'm sorry about the health issues and the dairy. Huge hugs! Deep question there. I knew I wanted to be a mom, that' where I started and that took up a big chunk of my lifetime. My business just sort of arrived for me, there were other things I thought of doing over the years but most of the things I have been successful at are things I am passionate about. What are you passionate about? I think I know a few things! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the hugs Karen <3 I know its deep, right! I thought about it as I was writing and thought... really midnight, this is what is going through my head haha

      I know what I'm passionate about too... booze and pups hahaha. I doubt I can make a living off of that.

      From what I see you are a great mom. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry about the health issues- maybe the lactose free diet will set you on a quick path to recovery? I only just turned 26 myself and I am definitely not where I expected to be. Honestly, I don't love my job, but I'm grateful for the opportunities I've been given and they've treated me well. That's why I spend a lot of time indulging in my hobbies (sewing, photography, running). Life takes you in strange places and while you may not be where you thought you would be, take some time to reflect on where you've gone and the experiences you've gained from that. Something tells me that the 16 year old you would be pretty impressed by how far the almost 26 year old you has come. You don't need to figure out everything now. Life is about the journey, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim :) I don't know if the lactose free thing will work, it's been up and down. Mostly due to the fact I sulk without dairy and have had a bite or two here and there. I didn't realize you were 26 too!

      I would hope the 16 year old me would be impressed but I don't know. I always had really big plans and none of them panned out so far.

      Yes, you are right, life is about the journey. I don't need to figure everything out now (it would sure be nice though haha. Thank you for the love <3

      Delete
  3. Hope things are looking up for you soon. Health issues stink! I had to cut out dairy for two years while I nursed my son (his system flipped out if I even looked at ice cream) and it was awful. I did learn that I love dark chocolate almond milk way more than regular chocolate milk. There are lots of great alternatives out there (but sadly not for cheese).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you April <3 That's crazy you had to do that! Is he okay with dairy now? I'm all about the almond milk so that is okay but I could sit and eat a block of Parmesan cheese like it was my job.

      Delete
  4. Hi Meg,

    Here's hoping your health gets back on track! I think many 26 year olds think they should have their life planned out but they don't. And that's okay. In the big scheme of life you are still SO young. Enjoy it! Life will take you where it wants you to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ladies :) I haven't been the typical-whatever-age-year-old. I always have had things planned out, it's frustrating. Thank you for the positive words and support. I am doing my best to enjoy the unknown :) haha

      Delete
  5. I second everyone's comments. My life goals have changed so many times in the past 10 years. I switched career paths AND cities twice since I was 25. Don't put so much pressure on yourself. You'll get to where you need to be when you need to be there. For now, just enjoy. (I know that's hard to understand right now, too)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you <3 I really can't even put into words how much it means to hear it from everyone. I always feel like I should have my life together and when I see others that do I forget the age differences and all.

      It makes me feel better and calmer to know that you had so much change in your life and you are still happy and moving along. :)

      I know I need to just relax haha It's not something I do very well.

      Thank you for the love <3

      Delete