Sunday, July 28, 2013

"Pain is temporary, Quitting is forever"

Sunday-Runday



It's been about 2 weeks since running, not only energy and health wise have I been "eh" but work has taken up quite a bit of my time as well. Luckily both yesterday and today I ran. Although hot and somewhat death like felt amazing to be completed. I am hoping to take my time, start easy and build my way back up to where I was running before. 
I started out Saturday by running only 2.24. Incredibly difficult but completed!!! Then today I did about 2.61 today. I'm staying around a 13 minute mile which with the 80 degree heat, I am completely okay with. I'd like to hit 3 miles tomorrow and start kicking it up from there. My goal is to do 100 miles in August. Crossing my fingers and staying positive! 

Thinking realistically....I should probably hold off on the 10 miler on my birthday. I don't want to be miserable and after these 2 days I do not feel ready at all to be in a competitive arena such as a 10 mile race. I think where my head is at now...I couldn't take that blow to my confidence.





5 comments:

  1. What a great goal for August! Glad to hear you're out running again. Hoping it's smooth sailing from here on out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am going to do the best I possibly can to stay positive and moving! Thanks for the love :)

      Delete
  2. You got this Meg! Keep up the great work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lauren <3 I appreciate your support :)

      Delete
  3. Great work! Work on the miles slowly and you'll get there.

    ReplyDelete