Sunday, January 20, 2013

WOW!

So I definitely didn't realize how long it has been since I posted...

Guess I kind of went through a roller coaster of emotion with this Princess Half Marathon coming up. I have made a serious effort to get healthier and to get my body ready to finish 13.1 miles. I detoxed for 2 weeks and limited unhealthy food and cut out alcohol all together. I have been drinking more water in the last 3 weeks than I ever have in my life! I am making a serious change for this event.

Really though, these past two weekends are what I really needed. Watching the pictures and the tweets from the 20th Anniversary Marathon and the Tinkerbell Half Marathon have reignited what I had back in September. I am so excited. Still nervous. But excited. 

I ran today with one of my girlfriends.  It was an absolute blast, she has the perfect pace for me to mirror. We ended up doing 3.5 miles. The only issue is the lower body pain I have been feeling. First is the knee pain, then is the IT band pain, then is the hip flexor pain. I went out and bought KT Tape the other day and have been religiously using it. I love it!

A couple tips that I wish someone had said to me before my first time using it 
     -Wash the area with soap and water before applying
     -Think about the areas you are taping, and in what order you will tape. I did hip flexor, it band, & knee... Next time I will start with the knee then go to the hip flexor and then do the it band. The way you need to have your body set up for the knee ruins the tape if you need to bend the hip flexor.
     -Cut your strips before you even begin applying for all applications. It makes moving around after you apply one area limited.


I am trying to hit the 7 mile mark this week followed by a 9 mile... I need to hit 13.1 before I leave for Florida. I think that will ease all my jitters and give me a decent idea of my finishing time.


Alright well dinner time and then to bed. Another busy day tomorrow. My goal this week is to make time for myself and my running.



Wish me luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment