Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Official Princess Status (Monday-->Tuesday)

Don't ask me why I woke up at 6am the day after the longest race of my life. I did though. Doesn't mean I physically got out of bed, but I was wide awake. This is where the pain on the outside of my patella started. I kind of felt it a little during the half marathon about mile 7 or so but thought it would go away when I rested it. Yeah, no such luck. 

So I woke up, taped my right knee up again and got dressed for breaky. Kouzzina is one of the top 5 breakfast spots in Disney. I would say for me it takes a second place to Kona Cafe, but that is only because Kona Cafe gives you warm pineapple on the pancakes...sorry, I'm a sucker for pineapple. I would probably sell my house for the Kahuna Breakfast Platter right now. Anyway, back to carb city.


I get the waffles with honey and marscapone cheese. If that was possible to order as a body spread at a spa, I'd sign up like yesterday. I got an egg over medium and wheat toast to fill up on before the pillow of waffles. And you know I needed my Sunrise Sangria. I told you it's a good source of your daily veggies as well as a pick me up before you even need it in your day. Matka decided a bloody mary was needed as her pick me up. Like mother, like daughter. Mmmm What a fabulous start to my life as a half marathon finisher.

After breakfast my parents went to MGM seeing as how they had only spent time at the pool the last 5 days and Emilia and I were to head over to the Magic Kingdom. I ran up to the room and grabbed my medal. I had initially felt silly to wear it the day after but after I saw some ladies on the Boardwalk wearing theirs I felt better. So we walked through EPCOT and decided to stop by the new and improved Test Track.


The line wasn't too long but it was long enough to give us the opportunity to really take in our surroundings. I personally loved the new atmosphere. We were able to then design our car and save it to our room key. Something went wrong with our key though and we weren't able to use it once we arrived to our physical testing car. It was cool but reminded me exactly of the same Test Track as before. I did like the personalization aspect to it. After you are done you pretty much walk into what you think is a showroom for GM. (Smart move GM. I see whatcha doing.) We then headed over to the monorail to the Magic Kingdom and when we got to the TTC to switch to the MK express monorail we saw the most ridiculous line ever. We chose the ferry. What a pretty ride.

I love the Magic Kingdom for the shear fact that the entirety of Main Street is shopping. We made our way down and Emilia informed me she needed a Dole Whip. Even though I would say I actually spent my childhood at Disney I have never had a Dole Whip. I thought now is better than never. It was refreshing and delicious, it was a little too hot for comfort so I immediately downed it instead of snapping a photo. I am regretting that now. We both got the Dole Whip Float with vanilla ice cream and pineapple juice. We continued to shop, and made our way around the Adventure Land, through Libery Square and into New Fantasyland. What would a trip to the MK be without stopping at Gaston's Tavern?! 


Lefou's Brew is a must and as I down mine Emilia entered the land of Sugar Comas with a cinnamon roll the side of a small child's head.  Once we were done we headed back to Main Street. My feet were killing me so we decided to head back to the room and rest before dinner. It must have been ESP because we got back to the room starving and my parents brought up pizza from the Boardwalk Pizza Window. I'm going to go a little off topic here. If you had asked me a year ago what food I could eat for the rest of my life, if it could only be one, I would have told you pizza. After finding a healthier lifestyle I have resisted pizza for results but have not forgotten the extensive taste-testing history I have. This pizza was delicious. It wasn't greasy, it wasn't overly sauced, thank Walt there were no chunks of tomato and the pepperoni wasn't too thick. I was so pleasantly pleased with it. Anyway, I showered, spent between 45 minutes to 60 minutes blow drying my hair. (It's probably too long, but I am scared by a too short cut in my past to chop any of it off). We got ready for EPCOT... for the last night. Still makes me sad to think about it.

The MOMENT we hit the World Showcase entrance into EPCOT it started to rain............................. really. Really, Florida. Of all the days..... We took refuge in the Rose and Crown and grabbed a couple Strongbows. By the time we made it to the garden of OZ the rain was over and so was my perfectly straight and beautifully blow dryed hair. 

We had reservations at the San Angel Inn Restaurant. It is typically darker than dark in here but it is easily my favorite restaurant on Disney property. Jalapeno Margaritas and Pollo a las Rajas. This, ladies and gentlemen, is the dinner of champions.


The Jalapeno Margarita is not entirely what you assume it might be. It has a sweet, cool, refreshing flavor to it. They add cucumber with the jalapeno to give it this amazing flavor, it's not spicy or hot at all. Be aware of the rim though, that has a phenomenal kick to it. Ojciec (my father) has even mastered the Jalapeno Margarita at home. Don't ask me how, I mean the man took a computer course at the height of the information superhighway demand and found typo's in the manual... Seriously La Cava del Tequila might want to hire him. Just throwing that out there.


It was the perfect way to go out with a bang. I had an amazing time and appreciate my family for being there for me. I had a blast and can't wait to do it again. The flight home obviously was unwanted but the moment I got home and saw my best friend waiting for me it was completely worth it. I can't say he was happy when I told him I'd be leaving him again for another half marathon but he promised to be the best training partner I could find. 



This is why I run. For him. Because even though he is my little chameleon, he is part pit. If I could get just one person to understand that I am not a thug. I am not a drug dealer. I am not a bad person because of this baby then I have done right by him. Breed Specific Legislation tears apart families in the dog world the way the Holocaust destroyed humanity. Please understand that trying to exterminate any race or breed can not be successful and only does unimaginable harm to those affected. We have no right to take someone or something else's life because of the way they look. This is why I run. For him. <3

4 comments:

  1. Ahhhh I love the marscapone waffles at Kouzzina <33333

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Disney! And your dog is precious! I love his puppy dog eyes!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you :) He is my babyboy. I don't know what I would do without him <3

      Delete