Sunday, March 3, 2013

One Tequila, Two Tequila... (Thursday)

After what probably could be put in the record books as the worst nights sleep my father and I drove to MCO to pick up my cousin whose flight was arriving around 9.30/10am. We picked her up and headed back to the AKL. Again pool time for my parents and Emilia and I decided to go to EPCOT. Our favorite park of all. Of course our first stop as it should be yours, MEXICO!!!


 

La Cava del Tequila is a mandatory first stop as you enter the park (as long as you are 21 of course). We got the Trio Combo with salsa, queso and guacamole with chips. Mmm mmm mmm! I also tried a new margarita: Wild Passion Fruit Margarita (100% Agave Tequila Reposado, ginger liqueur, passion fruit, mango nectar and fresh lime juice, topped with mango foam, served on the rocks). Sweet but not too sweet. I had a couple more before the trip was over.

We also had to look at the new bakery in France. I love what they did with the area and the food is amazing as well. I got a Parfai aux fruits. OHEMGEE! Please, please, please I am begging you. TRY IT the next time you are in France.


We did a once around the World Showcase and headed back to the hotel to nap and get ready for the evening.
..................................................................................................................................................
We went back to EPCOT with my parents for drinks and dinner. I am not a beer drinker so the stop at Rose and Crown is delightful because I can enjoy a Strongbow, which is a hard cider. We also saw someone atop one of the buildings!!


We started to get hungry and decided Italy would be the best stop - Carb Central. The line for Via Napoli was pretty long so I headed over to Tutto Italia. They said they were completely booked inside but if we were okay with sitting on the patio they had a spot for us. WHAT!? OF COURSE! I'd rather people watch personally. I got the Fettucine Vecchia Roma. It was delicious. I had such perfect pronunciation according to our waiter that he asked if I had ever been to Italia. Ego ^^^^. It only has cost me about $80,000 in schooling to have an Italian waiter compliment me. Grazie Giovanni! 

My father headed over to Tutto Gusto, the wine bar attached to Tutto Italia where he of course made a southern friend as well as a Italian bartender friend. He's notorious for that. He tried different samples and then we were on our way. One more time around World Showcase then back on our way to AKL.


I didn't realize we would need the early bed time to rest for tomorrows expo....

No comments:

Post a Comment