Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Hola Margarita Monday

*I didn't realize I hadn't posted this yesterday, Sorry for the delay!*


Okay, so not only in an attempt to give you something to look forward to each week but also some thing to help me stay accountable to this blog even as I am going through a running rut... 


MARGARITA MONDAYS!
Because...
My personal favorite margarita of all time is found at La Cava del Tequila in the Mexico Pavillion of the World Showcase in EPCOT at Walt Disney World. It has phenomenal flavor. I was able to find this video on YouTube with Hilda (love her by the way). 



In a nutshell you will need the following:

A Shaker
Something to muddle the cucumber and jalapeno with
1 cucumber sliced in half and into pieces
1 medium jalapeno, get rid of the seeds and slice it into about 4-5 pieces
Tequila Blanco (Silver)
Orange Liquor
Fresh Lime Juice
Agave Nectar
Salt
Ice
A cute glass to drink it from

For each serving use 2 slices of jalapeno and 3 slices of cucumber, muddle them in the shaker, add ice. Then it looks about 2-3 shots of tequila blanco, 1 shot of orange liquor, 1 shot of fresh lime juice and 1 shot of agave nectar. Rim your glass with salt. You can use water to make the salt stick but I recommend running a lime around the rim, it gives it better flavor. Shake the contents and pour into your rimmed glass, do not strain.

ENJOY. It is incredibly refreshing and delicious and if you are able to make it to EPCOT a stop at La Cava del Tequila is a must.

2 comments:

  1. YUMMY!!!! I LOVE La Cava del Tequila!! I think my favorite was the blood orange and the pineapple! Mmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just tried pineapple this last trip, very tasty! I have yet to try the blood orange, is it good?

    ReplyDelete